Forget Uber and Grab, GO-JEK gives these two behemoths a run for their money in Indonesia. GO-JEK is the leading logistics app in this country, not only focused on cab hailing, but also on other services such as motorcycle ride-hailing, instant courier, food deliveries, e-wallets and lifestyle services.
The design is slick and fluid, and you will easily navigate through the app without much trouble. All the various hailing and delivery options are laid out with neat icons. There are colorful picture displays in case you want to view what you are ordering, and you can access maps to see the location of your courier based on Google Maps. I give the intuitive and seamless design a 4.5/5.
I was pretty impressed with the features that this app offers, and you can do most of your hyperlocal shopping and courier deliveries right from here.
These features include:
- GO-RIDE, GO-BLUEBIRD, and GO-CAR for all your vehicle and motorcycle hailing needs, with over 1 million drivers.
- GO-FOOD lets you access over 35,000 food outlets right on your mobile device.
- GO-MART, GO-SHOP, and GO-MED are for all your important shopping and pharmaceutical utilities.
- Through GO-TIX, you can get all your favorite movie tickets online without breaking a sweat.
- GO-SEND or GO-BOX help you when you need to send or receive packages.
- GO-PULSA and GO-BILLS let you pay your bills conveniently and are also useful when you need to purchase data.
- GO-PAY gives you a mobile wallet from which you can pay for everything conveniently, transfer balances to and from your bank account and send money to your friends and other GO-PAY accounts.
- Other useful tools include GO-MASSAGE, GO-AUTO, GO-CLEAN, and GO-GLAM.
I didn’t get to test everything, but it definitely deserves a 4/5 for the comprehensive utilities provided. The iOS version requires at least iOS 9.0 (for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch) while the Android app needs at least Android 4.1.
Both the Google Play and the App Store versions are free, and there are no in-app purchases.
Convenience and Performance
Users have complained about how glitchy this app is at times, and I’ve had the same experience. Some of the food deliveries were of bad quality, and there is no way to give a rating. Most of the app features work relatively well. In some instances, the locations of drivers are completely off, and you have to confirm information by calling directly. I give it a 3/5 for user experience.
- Seamless UI;
- Provides comprehensive features for logistics and hailing;
- Pleasant drivers.
- Often, the app will choose the furthest route making the trip expensive;
- The app doesn’t show the correct balances for GO-PAY occasionally;
- The app keeps searching for drivers in the background even if the request has already been canceled;
- Driver ETAs are often not accurate, and fake GPS locations for drivers have been reported.
GO-JEK provides a ton of useful, comprehensive tools which make it a leading logistical app in Indonesia. Despite that, it suffers from significant issues that hinder the user experience. More should be done, especially for the back-end development. I’d have no choice but to recommend this app if you live in Indonesia, as no other app packs such a variety of features.