Fox TV launched an app for all Android devices as well as iOS and Windows products that lets you access sports wherever you are, at whatever time. The Fox Sports Go app was developed within the FOX franchise, with minimal support from outside vendors. Here is my experience after using the latest version of this sports app recently.
The iOS, Windows and Android app gives a very clear and easy to view interface of the sports channels available of Fox TV. Users are able to enjoy a very simple layout; a channel menu on the left of the screen with programming listed according to time. The best part is that the app allows viewing of content offerings in two ways – for all channels or individual ones. Color is used for the user’s benefit, like denoting live shows with an orange icon. The app scores a 4/5.
The developers at FOX clearly knew how to attract viewership; this app has a few select features which are necessary for functionality. The features rate at 4/5.
- Programming menu – skim through all listed shows at least 3 days before, you can easily plan on what to watch even while on the go;
- Streaming capabilities – you can live stream selected shows so that you do not miss out on any of the sports fun wherever you are;
- Minimal ads – the app barely has an integrated ad feature. This means that you can enjoy some shows (other than live streams) without interruption by ads or commercials.
- Authentication free allowance – You can access the app without authentication on selected days. Simply log in with your cable subscription details and view for an extended period of time.
- Live coverage of a variety of sports ranging from the NFL, NBA, NHL all the way to UFC, UEFA League, and Bundesliga soccer.
Convenience and Performance
The simplicity of this leading app makes it very easy to use on Android mobile, iPhone, iPad and other iOS and Windows devices. One can easily navigate from the channel menu to their selected shows and pause or play a chosen show. There is not much about the layout that anyone can find confusing. The app could do with integration to a social media platform on the next update. That way, users can use the app to interact with social media during live streams. The score of usability at 3 out of 5.
The app is available for free on the Google Play for Android store, Apple and Windows Phone stores. However, you require the channel subscription in order to access the shows on your device. There are no in-app purchases, the iOS, Windows or Google Play app for sports simply connects to your TV subscription and allows you to view sports conveniently on your mobile device.
- Rejoice LIVE Sports and Shows From a Large Number of Channels;
- Requires TV Provider Credentials to Get the Entertainment Started.
- Not Every Channel is Available with Every TV Provider;
- NFL Games Not Available on Phones Due to League Restrictions.
Where TV is concerned, this iOS, Windows and Android app offers the best alternative for top sports lovers who cannot be at home yet would not want to miss their favorite shows. It offers a seamless viewing experience that is free of interruptions and complications. Critics have termed the app as basic, as it lacks the intricate multi-platform functionalities one would expect of such an app. However, I have to agree that the simplicity of the app is vital for its usability for Google Android, iOS, and Windows platforms. A simple interaction tool would do this app a lot of good. Other than that, I think the app is a must-have for sports lovers