The NBC Sports App for Android mobile and iOS allows users to view the channel’s sports actions from their devices anywhere at their convenience. Users of iPhones, iPads and any Android devices can now live stream content as long as they have a 3G, 4G or WiFi network.
The app has a clean viewer interface that is occasionally interrupted by commercial ads. On the minimalist screen, one finds the segmentation into different sections. Timely content is displayed on the home screen which also shows upcoming live and archived events to remind interested viewers of the viewing times. The latest version of the app for all operating systems has attractive graphics with an engaging interface that keeps the user interested in multiple events and archived video feed from past events. The app scores a 3/5 on the interface.
The NBC sports app for all android devices and iOS products has a number of key features:
- Live stream – watch events live including the Olympics, Sunday night NFL, French Opens for Tennis and the Soccer premier leagues;
- Event replays – you can catch any moments you missed or loved using the full event replay feature;
- On Demand videos – get access to video clips on demand. You can preview upcoming events and review the highlights from previous sports events;
- Enhanced camera angles – get enhanced views from the pitch and different camera angles for selected events;
- Archived moments – key moments you would like to replay from past matches and events can be saved. For a select few, one can access event data as well.
Airplay support for iOS devices – users of iOS devices can stream shows to their TV sets using the Apple AirPlay functionality. The Google play app for Android allows streaming on TV sets through Chromecast. The features deserve mark 4 out of 5.
Convenience and Performance
The app has four main sections which make navigation quite easy. Home, favorites, sports, and schedule. As long as you have your cable account credentials and password ready, using this app will be a walk in the park. Simply get the app for free, log in with your credentials and head over to the area of interest. Content is minimal, and the app can be used to share videos on Facebook and Twitter. I give it a 4/5.
Even after a recent update, users are still able to access apk get freely, as long as they have a cable connection for the shows. No in-app purchases are required, as users simply make all purchases for channels through their cable subscriptions. This makes the app quite easy to get via apk or the app stores on devices.
- A wide variety of archived video;
- Adding the teams and competitions to your favourites;
- Getting notifications each time a live stream begins;
- Sharing videos via social networks.
- Many ads.
The quality of live videos makes this app a must-have tool for any sports lover. Content is kept to a minimum, as the app focuses on delivering high-quality videos. Simplicity goes a long way for this leading app since it makes it visually appealing for all users. One of the main issues with the app is excessive commercials. Users are shown commercials before each live video, and each commercial runs at least 30 seconds. NBC could also improve the app by refreshing the featured videos section more frequently, as some of the videos stay on the list for several days.